Sunday, August 23, 2009

will i ever feel like an ADULT?

I was talking to a coworker about our kids the other day as she shared the challenges she and her husband are having with knowing and understanding their son's homework. My eyes popped out of my head as I thought about this for the first time. Will I really have to be the one to be able to explain those math problems and science explanations I never cared too much to pay attention to when I was in school? When I was in school I remember always feeling like my parents were the smartest, greatest, most inventive, most talented people ever. Are these the shoes I'm going to have to fill for my kids? YIKES! They're about to be real disappointed. Hopefully I can maybe just stay one step ahead of them, and they'll never know. My coworker said the kids are already learning how to create powerpoint presentations in school. I think I may have learned how to do that in college, but I'm still not entirely sure I would be able to do it without reading the help topics. The older I get the more I realize that there is so much more for me to learn and experience. Heck I still call my grandma to help me with simple Cooking 101 questions like how do you cut a pineapple? And thank God for the internet, half the time I save myself the trouble of searching my memory and thinking too hard and just 'Google' it. Fortunately I have a little bit of time, although my oldest child is already in preschool and loves to ask those "why" questions and "what is that mommy?" All I know is it's a good thing I've got my iphone at my fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment